The following is a sample form you could use with elementary students, in conjunction with the Appropriate Use Policy.
Parents and Students: Please read together, sign and return the document to the school.
Statement of Purpose
Weber School District believes that all students should have access to technology when they act in a responsible, efficient, courteous and legal manner. Internet access and other online services, available to students and teachers, offer a multitude of global resources. Our goal in providing these services is to enhance the educational development of our students. Appropriate uses of technology are devoted to activities that support teaching and learning. The following are our agreements about the use of technology in the Elementary schools of Weber District:
Terms of Agreement
Using the computer correctly and responsibly is very important. I promise to follow these rules:
- I promise to use the computer carefully.
- I promise to only work on the programs and web pages that my teacher tells me to use.
- I promise to ask for help if I don’t know what to do.
- I promise to tell an adult if I read or see something on the computer that is not appropriate.
- I promise never to use the computer to hurt, frighten or bully others.
- I promise to print only when my teacher tells me to.
- I promise to only use my own file or my own folder on the server.
- I promise to only share any passwords with my teacher or parent.
- I promise if I see or hear something that makes me uncomfortable, I will tell my teacher and parent.
- I understand that if I break any of my promises, I might not be able to use the computers.
Use of New Web Tools
As part of 21st century learning, teachers and students will be using new Web tools such as blogs, wikis,
podcasts, and videocasts. These technologies improve student communication and collaboration skills, provide a real audience, and extend learning beyond the classroom walls while building digital citizenship skills. At some point during the school year, you may be asked to sign additional permission forms regarding the Use of New Web Tools.
I will sign my name to show that I will follow the rules listed above
Student Name (Print) ______________________________________
Student Signature ______________________________________
Homeroom Teacher ______________________________________
Grade______ Date Signed ____________________________
I have read this Appropriate Use Agreement and have discussed it with my child:
Parent/Guardian Name (Print) _____________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature _____________________________
Date Signed ____________________________