Thousands of secondary school students participate in extracurricular athletics. Teams are available in football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, track and field, soccer, wrestling, drill team, and cheerleading. Many more students participate in “Club” sports (e.g., hockey, rodeo, lacrosse, etc.).
Studies have shown that students participating in sports, when compared to their peers who do not participate in sports, have shown the following positive effects:
• higher grades, expectations, and attainment;
• greater personal confidence and self-esteem;
• greater connections with school— that is, greater attachment and support from adults;
• stronger peer relationships;
• more academically oriented friends;
• greater family attachment and more frequent interactions with parents; and
• more restraint in avoiding risky behavior;
High School Scores and Schedules
Please visit each school's website for high school sports scores and schedules.
Junior High School Scores and Schedules