***Note: We are no longer accepting applications for the current school year, 2023-2024. Students already on the waitlist will be considered as any placements become available. However, you may still sign up for Waterford Upstart. Scroll down to find more information.***
Application Process for Preschool (School Readiness Grant)
Our application period for Fall Preschool 2024-2025 is expected to begin mid-April 2024. We will advertise on this page when the applications are released and available for download. Please do not send in previous years' applications; we cannot accept them.
To receive updated information about applicaltions for the 2024-2025 school year, please fill out this form:
Our preschool funding comes in part from a legislative grant. Depending on the decisions made during the legislative session each year, the number of students we can enroll may vary and our school locations may change. These decisions are not finalized until summer. You are welcome to apply before June, but please know that things may change after we get our final funding notification. Thank you for understanding!
If you have any questions about the school readiness (grant) preschool, please contact Tara Keyes at 801-452-4940 (Se habla Español), or by email:
School Readiness Preschool Programs
The School Readiness Preschool Program is a state funded program. The program is provided at no cost to students who qualify. Children must be four years old on or before September 1st of the school calendar year to enroll. The parent must provide transportation to and from the program location.
- Based on all domains of child development and learning – physical, social-emotional, cognitive, and language/literacy.
- Aligned with Utah’s Early Learning Standards.
- Supported by research-based curriculum.
- Designed to meet the needs of children of all abilities through the medium of play.
- Taught by supportive and qualified staff.
- Includes parent involvement through activities, training, and support.
Eligibility for Enrollment in the Preschool (School Readiness Grant)
- 4-years-old by September 1 of school calendar year.
- Priority for enrollment in the program will be based on several factors, including (but not limited to) residency in the local school boundaries, qualifications for School Readiness funding (income level), and the risk factors from the application form.
- Continuous enrollment will be based on attendance requirements of the program; attendance is critical to keeping your enrollment!
2023-2024 Tentative Locations for School Readiness Preschool (subject to change)
- Bonneville Preschool
- Lakeview Elementary
- Lomond View Elementary
- Majestic Elementary
- Midland Elementary
- North Park Elementary
- Orchard Springs Elementary
- Plain City Elementary
- Roy Elementary
Sessions for Preschool
- 3 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- AM: 8:35 – 11:20
- PM: 12:15 – 3:00
- August 28, 2023 – May 16, 2024 (Classes begin the first full week of school and end one week prior to the last day of school)
Tuition for Preschool
- School Readiness Program eligible students – FREE (based on income, risk factors, and/or language learner status.)
- Once all available places are filled, eligible students will be placed on a waitlist for any openings.
Special Education Preschool Information
If you are concerned about your child's development, please visit the WSD Special Education page:
or contact the Special Education Preschool: Cori Orozco at 801-452-4936 or
Additonal Preschool Resources available to all children in Utah:
All children deserve a strong foundation for learning.
Waterford.org is an early education not-for-profit that provides equitable access to proven programs for children and the adults who support them.
For more than a decade, the Utah State Legislature and Waterford.org have worked together to provide Waterford Upstart—a high-quality, at-home early learning program—at no cost to families with pre-K-aged children. Children who use Waterford Upstart come to school more prepared and have longer lasting academic success!
To register go to https://www.waterford.org/upstart/
We highly recommend signing up for this free program. If you have any questions or need help with registration, please contact Amanda King at 801-452-4946 or