Weber School District students represented Utah at the Family Career and Community Leaders of America Leadership Conference in Washington DC July 4 through July 9.
Roy High School had two students who competed in the culinary arts competition.
- Felipe Estrada and Cici Moreno. They received a silver medal for their accomplishments.
Bonneville High School had 11 students in Washington DC for the national competition.
- Hailey Jeffries and Nicholette Houston brought home a gold medal, scoring a 98 out of 100 on their Food Innovations project.
- Kaitlin Buckway and Carlee Combe took home a silver medal with their Chapter in Review Display Occupational Category.
- Katie Hassell, Kimberly Palos, and Emma London earned a silver medal with their Promote and Publicize FCCLA! project.
- Aspen Jarvis and Abby Walker’s Chapter Service Project Display in the Occupational Category received a silver metal
- Olivia Nicholas and Kortney Stevens received a silver medal for their Food Innovations Project.
Weber School District and Bonneville High School will also be represented at the state level by Aspen Jarvis as the Utah FCCLA VP of Development.
The students, along with their advisors, Roy High School Gaylene Greenwood and Bonneville High School Susan Hill, Melissa Judkins and Erin Dea, put in many late nights and early mornings preparing for the competition. We want to congratulate them for their outstanding job representing Utah and Weber County School District in our country’s capitol.