Attention musicians, composers, and poets. West Field High School in Taylor is seeking entries for their School Hymn and Fight Song contest. The artist whose work is chosen will receive $250 in cash and the distinction of knowing that they have created a legacy for all future generations who will attend West Field High School.
Contest Guidelines include:
- The style for the School Hymn is Alma Mater. Keep in mind that the School Hymn will be sung by the entire school at various events, but it could also be performed by the choirs of the school at events and concerts. An arrangement for the band may also be submitted for the School Hymn.
- The Fight Song will be played at various events and school games and accompanied by the school band. It could also have lyrics submitted with the entry and should be able to be arranged for the school band to play.
- Entries may be for words only or words and music.
- The words and/or sheet music should be readable and suitable for reproduction. They can be done by hand, or a music software program.
- Recordings will be accepted, along with sheet music, but are not necessary.
- If chosen, the songwriters/composers would need to allow the district to copyright the songs or copyright them with permission for us to copy, arrange, and perform the pieces.
- Entries are due by March 1, 2024 to
West Field High School
℅ Weber School District
5320 South Adams Avenue
Ogden, Ut 84405
The final selection will be made by April 1, 2024. All entries not chosen will be returned to the composers after this date.
For more information, contact:
Choir Director Thomas Saunders
Band Director Joseph Windsor
Principal Michael Martini