The following procedures are to be followed on all regular daily “To and From School Bus Routes” to insure the safety of all students on the bus.
- All items brought on the bus must be small enough to be placed on the student’s lap or between their legs. Items are to be no wider than the student’s lap and not extend into the aisle.
- Items are not to take up a seat in which another student may sit.
- Items are not to block the aisle, emergency exits, or be placed on the window ledge at the rear of the bus.
- Items cannot be stowed behind the driver’s seat.
- On daily “to and from school bus routes,” items cannot be stowed in the storage bins under the bus.
- On daily “to and from school bus routes,” the following instruments are prohibited on the bus:
- a. Bass
- b. Cello
- c. Tuba
- d. Large Drums
- All other instruments will be allowed on the bus.
- All instruments will be allowed on buses when traveling to a concert or performance. Larger instruments will be stowed in the storage bins of the bus.
Skateboards and scooters are not allowed on the school bus. Unlike musical instruments which are required by curriculum, skateboards and scooters are personal items which present safety issues when transported.