Hooper Elementary School is located in the southwest corner of Weber School District and is only several miles from the Great Salt Lake.
The current enrollment is approximately 680 students in grades K-6th with a teaching staff of 30 certified teachers.
Hooper schools were originally consolidated into one central school in 1905 on what is now the corner of 5500 S and 5900 W. It was remodeled in 1938. In 1970 this school was demolished and the present school was built. In 2007 Weber District added a 22,200 square foot addition which includes a gymnasium, computer lab, and ten additional classrooms to the school.
Hooper Elementary provides engaging learning experiences through the Project Lead the Way program and promotes the arts by way of the Beverly Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program. Other opportunities that students may participate in include robotics club and choir. We believe in a whole child approach to education that ensures each child is engaged, supported, and challenged.