Weber School District is committed to ensuring a safe environment for student and employee computer usage. The Appropriate Use Policy (AUP) governs the usage of the computers in the district. Everyone using a district computer is required to abide by the rules set forth in the AUP.
Key Points of the Appropriate Use Policy
- Your use of the computer should be appropriate to your role in Weber School District. In other words, your use of technology should be consistent with the educational and support responsibilities of your job (i.e. Teacher, Administrator and Classified Employee).
- It is both an AUP violation and a Class B misdemeanor to intentionally and knowingly access pornography from any Weber School District computer including laptops.
- All Weber School District web activity and email communication is filtered and logged. Consequently, Weber District users of computers and computer services should have no expectation of privacy in their use of these technologies.
- All Students will be monitored and supervised as they use WSD technology, including computers and computer labs.
- Violations of the AUP are handled aggressively and may result in suspension from school for students, and job actions (including possible termination) for staff, as circumstances warrant.
- Employees must exercise reasonable care to safeguard access to their computer(s) from other individuals including students. Passwords must be kept secure and changed as needed. Students must not be allowed to use the computer assigned for teacher use.
Appropriate Use Policy
The Appropriate Use Policy is the agreement between the district, the students, and the staff, and determines which computer activities are appropriate. Usage of the computers should always be appropriate to one's role in the district. Failure to adhere to the Appropriate Use Policy will result in disciplinary action.
Read the Appropriate Use Policy
Suggested AUP Summary for K-3 Students
This document was written to help teachers, administrators, and parents explain the Appropriate Use Policy to students from Kindergarten to 3rd Grade. You may use this as a template and signature form for creating your own elementary school AUP form, if you wish to do so.
Suggested AUP Summary for 4-6 Students
This document was written to help teachers, administrators, and parents explain the Appropriate Use Policy to students from 4th Grade to 6th Grade. You may use this as a template and signature form for creating your own elementary school AUP form, if you wish to do so.