In-Person Learning offers the richest learning experiences to develop the whole child and is the preferred learning option for most students and families.
- Students attend class each day. In the event of a health concern, short-term flexible learning options are available for students to learn from home.
- Teachers provide learning experiences which ensure students experience the full depth and breadth of the Utah Core State Standards. Essential, important, and supporting skills are taught with a variety of evidence-based practices. Teachers and specialists also provide robust intervention and enrichment supports.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible to regularly check in on their students’ progress and support as needed.
- Social interactions are structured to enhanced learning experiences while keeping students safe and healthy.
Short-term Flexible Learning is a temporary solution for students who are attending in-person, but, due to health-related concerns, find it necessary to learn remotely for one to fifteen consecutive school days.
- Students work from home on assignments in English language arts, math, and science provided digitally by their assigned classroom teacher(s).
- Teachers provide online learning experiences that are focused on essential skills and include some teacher-student interaction.
- Parents and/or Guardians support students’ learning with the expectation they will return to In-Person Learning as soon as possible
Remote Learning is 100% online learning provided by Weber School District through the Weber Online program.
- Students are Weber School District students, but will not be assigned to a homeroom teacher at the neighborhood school.
- A certified Weber Online teacher will regularly communicate with parents/guardians to support with technical and content questions.
- Parents and/or Guardians will serve as the child’s primary teacher