In June of 2012, Weber County voters approved a $65 million bond to build four new schools and add additions to two existing schools. The bond, which did not increase the property tax rate, passed with 58.17% of voters voting in favor of it.
The new schools replaced outdated facilities that no longer met seismic code. The older buildings lacked modern features such as air conditioning and were expensive to maintain. The new schools were also built to handle a greater number of students, thus eliminating the need for portable classrooms at many of the sites.
The projects funded by the bond were:
A 10-classroom addition was added to the back of the building which increased the permanent capacity of the school. The project cost about $5 million and was completed in 2014.
The original school was built in 1942 during WWII. A new school was built at 2656 N. 2400 W. in Farr West City, and the old building was torn down. The project cost about $18 million and the school opened in 2015.
Originally built in 1959, the old building was torn down and a new school was built onsite. The project cost approximately $10 million. The school, which opened in 2014, is located at 4046 S. 2175 W. in Roy City.
Originally built in 1928, the old school was torn down and a new one was built onsite. The project cost approximately $10 million to complete. The school, which opened in 2015, is located at 4178 W. 900 S. in West Weber.
The new school combined Club Heights Elementary (built in 1942) and MarLon Hills Elementary (built in 1960) into one. The $10 million facility, which opened in 2016, is located at 4300 Madison on the site of the old South Ogden Jr. High in South Ogden City.
A new addition, which included a full-size gymnasium was added onto the south side of the school. Besides a new gym, renovations were also made to the cafeteria and stage. The project cost was approximately $2 million and was completed in 2016.