School Readiness Preschool Programs
The School Readiness Preschool Program is a state funded program. The program is provided at no cost to students who qualify. Children must be four years old on or before September 1st of the school calendar year to enroll. The parent must provide transportation to and from the program location.
- Based on all domains of child development and learning – physical, social-emotional, cognitive, and language/literacy.
- Aligned with Utah’s Early Learning Standards.
- Supported by research-based curriculum.
- Designed to meet the needs of children of all abilities through the medium of play.
- Taught by supportive and qualified staff.
- Includes parent involvement through activities, training, and support.
Eligibility for Enrollment in the Preschool
- 4-years-old by September 1 of school calendar year.
- Priority for enrollment in the program will be based on several factors, including (but not limited to) residency in the local school boundaries, qualifications for School Readiness funding (income level), and the risk factors from the application form.
- Continuous enrollment will be based on attendance requirements of the program; attendance is critical to keeping your enrollment!
2021-2022 Tentative Locations for School Readiness Preschool (subject to change)
- Bonneville Preschool
- Lakeview Elementary
- Lomond View Elementary
- Majestic Elementary
- Midland Elementary
- North Park Elementary
- Orchard Springs Elementary
- Plain City Elementary
- Roosevelt Elementary
- Roy Elementary
Sessions for Preschool
- 3 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- AM: 8:30 – 11:15
- PM: 12:25 – 3:10
- August 30, 2021 – May 19, 2022 (Classes begin the first full week of school and end one week prior to the last day of school)
Tuition for Preschool
- School Readiness Program eligible students – FREE (based on income, risk factors, and/or language learner status.)
- Tuition cost for students who are not eligible – $150.00 per month (we have a very limited number of "self-pay" spots, on a first come, first served basis).
Application Process for Preschool
Our application for fall preschool becomes available in March. Please note that our preschool funding comes from a legislative grant. Depending on the decisions made during the legislative session each year, the number of students we can enroll may vary and our school locations may change. These decisions are not finalized until summer. So you are welcome to apply before June, but please know that things may change after we get our final funding notification in June. Thank you for understanding!
Click Here for Application Solicitud en español
For questions concerning the program, please contact Michonne Terry at or 801-452-4939. You may also call 801-476-7826.