Applications will be accepted September-April.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Elementary school substitute – high school diploma or equivalent
2. Secondary school substitute – high school diploma or equivalent. If under 21 years of age you must be admitted into a university teacher licensing program.
3. Have a teacher license, enrolled in a university teacher licensing program, or obtain a score of 85% or higher on a substitute training assessment.
4. Receive Weber School District Human Resources approval to be placed on the official substitute list.
A. Criminal background clearance
B. Human Resources screening
C. Sign substitute agreement (disclosure of expectations)
D. Successful completion of Weber School District online training
E. Complete all required paperwork
1. Recommendation by Weber School District school level administrator
A. Non-licensed applicants need to have a principal sign recommendation form. (Principals have the forms.)
Individuals who are currently enrolled in a University pre-service education program, have a teaching license or who have successfully completed substitute training in the past 5 years do not need to complete the training and assessment. Please bring proof of successful training or university pre-service enrollment to Human Resources. Proceed to step # 3.
2. Log on http://stedi.org/subs and register and purchase the SubSkills Training Package. No access code is needed. You will be able to begin the course immediately. When prompted, create a new account. For “District: ADD” select state of UT and Weber School District. This ensures that you will have access to district specified information.
B. Pass the assessment test with a score of at least 85%. You may take each section of the assessment up to 4 times.
C. Print a copy of the “Substitute Training Completion Certificate.”
3. Complete District Substitute Teaching Application packet at the District Office
A. You must bring the following items with you to complete the paperwork:
1. Signed principal recommendation form
2. STEDI Substitute training completion certificate, copy of current teaching license, or proof of admittance into a university teaching program.
3. Driver’s License
4. Social Security card, passport or birth certificate
5. “Voided check” for direct deposit information
6. $62.75 (cash, check or card) cost of background check and fingerprinting
4. Pass criminal background check
Please contact WSD (801-476-7886) 7 to 10 days after completing the fingerprint scanning
process for results of the background check and network login information.
5. Complete on line Acceptable Use Policy
Go to aup.wsd.net and complete the acceptable use policy pages. Use your network employee
username and password when it prompts you to do so.
6. Complete Weber School District online Training / Certification
This is obtained by viewing an online video found at http://inservice.wsd.net (Choose the
Professional Development link. Use your network employee user name and password to sign in.)
1. View and study the following online trainings:
1. Blood Borne Pathogens
2. Right to know Training (2nd page) (only available on District-
3. Weber District Policy on Harassment and Discrimination (2nd page)
2. Take the test in each area (if available)
3. Print off completion certificates in each area for your records (if available)
7. Please contact WSD Human Resources (801-476-7886) after you have successfully
passed the online trainings to be activated as a substitute and receive you AESOP login
number and pin.