Parents and Students: Please read together, sign and return the document to the school.
Statement of Purpose
Weber School District believes that all students should have access to technology when they act in a responsible, efficient, courteous and legal manner. Internet access and other online services, available to students and teachers, offer a multitude of global resources. Our goal in providing these services is to enhance the educational development of our students. Appropriate uses of technology are devoted to activities that support teaching and learning. The following are our agreements about the use of technology in the Elementary schools of Weber District:
Terms of Agreement
Using the computer correctly and responsibly is very important. I promise to follow these rules:
- I promise to use all computer equipment carefully and not damage, change or tamper with the hardware, software, settings or the network.
- I promise never to use any form of electronic communication1 to harass, frighten, or bully anyone.
- I promise to use the computer and the Internet for schoolwork only. I will use the programs and websites that my teacher has approved.
- I promise not to share my or any other passwords.
- I will not view, send or display inappropriate messages or pictures.
- I promise to tell an adult if I read or see something on the computer that is inappropriate.
- I promise to obey copyright laws.
- I will not use my email account or any personal electronic device at school except with the permission of a staff member.
- I promise to print only when my teacher tells me to.
- I promise to only use my own file or my own folder on the school server.
- I understand that if I break any of my promises, I might not be able to use the computers.
- I promise to tell my teacher and parent if I see or hear anything that makes me feel uncomfortable.
Use of New Web Tools
As part of 21st century learning, teachers and students will be using new Web tools such as blogs, wikis,
podcasts, and videocasts. These technologies improve student communication and collaboration skills, provide a real audience, and extend learning beyond the classroom walls while building digital citizenship skills. At some point during the school year, you may be asked to sign additional permission forms regarding the Use of New Web Tools.
I will sign my name to show that I will follow these rules.
Student Name (Print) ______________________________________
Student Signature ______________________________________
Homeroom Teacher ______________________________________
Grade______ Date Signed ___________________________
I have read this Acceptable Use Agreement and have discussed it with my child:
Parent/Guardian Name (Print) _____________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature _____________________________
Date Signed _____________________________