Weber School District uses many strategies to meet the needs of academically gifted students. In order to support some of these needs, Weber School District has a self-contained gifted program at the elementary school level for 5th and 6th grade students. This program is called Program for Accelerated Learning (PAL). We will be offering additional locations for the 2013-2014 school year. All locations will need to have adequate student enrollment or we will have to close down that grade at that location. The PAL program sites for 2013-2014 will be:
- Green Acres Elementary - 640 E. 1900 N. North Ogden, for 5th and 6th graders
- Mar Lon Hills Elementary - 4400 S. Madison, South Ogden for 5th graders
- Roosevelt Elementary - 190 West 5100 South, South Ogden for 6th graders
If your child has some of the following characteristics, you should consider applying for this program.
- A proficiency score of 4 on their "end of level" CRT testing
- He/she is self-motivated. This means that your child can plan, decide, and work independently.
- He/she has good classroom habits and behaviors.
If you are interested in your child participating in the PAL program in school year 2013-2014, please request an application packet by contacting Connie Bailey (email@example.com) or 801-476-7895 by Monday, February 4, 2013.