Applications will be accepted August – May – revised 11/15/2010
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Have a current food handler’s permit.
3. Receive Weber School District Human Resources approval to be placed on the official substitute list.
A. Pass Weber School District (WSD) Nutrition screening interview
B. Criminal background clearance
C. Human Resources screening
D. Complete all required paperwork
E. Successful completion of WSD Online Training
1. Fill out Classified Employee Application
The application process information may be obtained from the district office or downloaded at:
2. Complete Weber School District Nutrition screening interview.
Call WSD Food Nutrition (801-476-7836) to schedule an interview. Application must be brought to the interview. Those selected
through the interview will be notified within a week. Once receiving this notification, please continue with step #3.
3. Obtain Food Handler’s Permit
This may be obtained from Weber Morgan Health Department located at 477 23rd
Street, Ogden. For further information see: http://www.webermorganhealth.org/food_handlers.php
4. Bring the following items to Weber School District Human Resources and complete required paperwork
(Included in paperwork...employee disclosure statement and Background check application.)
1. Food Handler’s Permit
2. Driver’s License
3. Social Security Card, passport, or birth certificate
4. Voided Check (for direct deposit)
5. $64.25 (check preferred) cost of background check and fingerprinting.
Please contact WSD (801-476-7886) 7 to 10 days after completing the finger scanning process for results of the background
check and approval for Physical Ability Test.
5. Complete and meet requirements of Post Offer Physical Ability Test as per instructions in the employee packet.
Please contact WSD ()801)476-7886) after receiving notification that you have met the requirements of the physical ability test to
receive your network username and password.
6. Complete on line Acceptable Use Policy
Go to aup.weber.k12.ut.us and complete the acceptable use policy pages. Use your network employee username and password
when it prompts you to do so.
7. Weber School District Online training / certification
This is obtained by viewing an online training found at http://inservice.wsd.net (Choose the Professional Development
link. Use your network employee user name and password to sign in.)
1. View and study the following online trainings:
1. Blood Borne Pathogens
2. Right to know Training
3. Weber District Policy on Harassment and Discrimination (2nd page)
4. Correct lifting procedures (2nd page)
5. AESOP (Automated substitute calling system)
2. Take the test in each area (if available)
3. Print off completion certificates in each area for your records (if available)
8. Please contact WSD (801-476-7886) after you have successfully passed the online training to be activated as a substitute
and receive your AESOP login information