The Brainblast conference will be at Fremont High School.
1900 N 4700 W, Plain City, UT 84404
AUGUST 9TH, 2019
Look for more email reminders the week before the conference!
If you want to receive email reminders to a different email please let us know by emailing and copying any emails you wish to add as a reminder emails. Make the "Subject" of the email "Webmaster Reminder".
Help Desk Topics
|Faculty and Staff Support||
|Portal Support (MyWeber)||
|Student Chromebook Support||
This website offers more information and is complete and up to date.
See the Dictionary below to define what each data element is.
To view Justifications and FERPA Exceptions, hover over the badges for each vendor on the LearnPlatform page.
Weber School District, in compliance with HB 358 and SB 102, has initiated a strict policy and protocol procedure for evaluating all third-party vendors who have access to any student data. Interactive websites and apps collect student data such as location, name, phone numbers, likes and dislikes, routines, and much more. Because of this, Weber School District wants to protect student data, both submitted by the student and generated by these third-party companies. The most common use of student data is in marketing and research, and for selling to companies for a profit. Because of this, Weber School District requires all third-party vendors to sign a Memorandum of Agreement, which specifies that all student data will be transmitted and stored in a secure way, that it won't be sold, and that it will be fully deleted upon request.
In order for a third-party vendor to be approved, they must go through the evaluation steps:
|Address||The student''s residential, mailing, and/or billing address.
May include any or all of the following elements:
* Street Number and Name
* Apartment Room or Suite Number
* County Name
* Postal Code
* Address Type
|App-assigned Student ID Number||An ID number issued by the vendor used to identify the student.|
|Application Use Statistics: Metadata on Student Interaction
|Descriptive, administrative, or statistical data related to the student's interaction with the application.
* Login times/dates
* Logout times/dates
* Usage duration statistics, such as how long a student viewed a page
* Which assignments the student interacted with
* Which answers the student selected
* Whether or not the student submitted a particular assignment
* How many times a student clicked on something
* How long it took a student to complete a task on the app
|Assessment Results/ Survey Responses||Information about assessments or surveys administered to a student.
Assessments may include a student's:
* Assessment scores
* Responses to individual assessment questions/items
* Proficiency levels
* Performance ranking
* Growth measurements
* Proficiency Status
* Progress Level
* Proficiency Target
Types of assessments include:
* National standardized tests (e.g. ACT, AP tests, CTE certification exams, etc.)
* State-level assessments (e.g. RISE, Utah Aspire Plus, WIDA, DLM, Acadience Reading, AAPPL, Utah-required civics and/or financial literacy test required for graduation)
* LEA-level assessments (e.g. benchmark assessments)
* School or classroom level assessments (e.g. formative assessments, or summative assessments, common formative assessments, unit tests, quizzes, etc.)
|Assignment Scores||Scores for individual course assignments, activities, etc.
Assignment scores are different from the letter grade or final grade for a course.
|Attendance Information||Information about a student's attendance at school or class.
Types of information include:
* Total number of days absent in a given time period
* Total number of tardies
* Total number of days in attendance
* Absences per class period
* Tardies per class period
* Date of absence
* Date and time of tardy
* Absence type (excused, unexcused, excused for a school activity, medical excused absence, truant, etc.)
* Total membership (seat time) in a certain class
* Tardiness type (less than 5 minutes, more than 5 minutes, excused, etc.)
* School check-in or check-out date and time
NOTE: Attendance information is different from school enrollment information, such as a student's school entry exit date or a record of which school years a student attended a certain school.
|Birth Place||The city, state, and/or country where the student was born.|
|Birthdate||The date when the student was born. Includes either day, month and year or just day and month.|
|Communications Records||Communications made by the student that are captured online in the application. Examples include emails, blog entries, in-app messaging tools, or chats.|
|Conduct, Behavior, Discipline, and Incident Information||Conduct or behavior information:
Data related to the student's conduct or behavior while at school, or at other locations considered "on-campus" sites (such as bus stops, field trips sites, etc.) Conduct or behavior information may or may not overlap with incidents. May include information about a student’s positive behavior as well as problematic behavior.
Information about discipline administered to the student. This may information like:
* Discipline Reason
* Disciplinary Action Taken
* Disciplinary Action IEP Placement Meeting Indicator
* Disciplinary Action Start Date
* Duration of Disciplinary Action
Information related to an incident the occurs at school or at other locations considered "on-campus" sites (such as bus stops, field trips sites, etc.)
Incident information may include information regarding the:
* Incident Date
* Incident Description
* Incident Behavior
* Incident Injury Type
* Identify of other students involved
* Secondary Incident Behavior
* Alleged Basis (indication of an allegation that the incident is based gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, and/or religion)
* Disciplinary action resulting from incident
* Weapon used
* Infraction type
|Course Enrollment/Class Schedule Info||Information pertaining to the courses the student is, was, or will be enrolled in.
At its most basic Course Enrollment/Class Schedule Information may include:
* Course Name
Though less common, Course Enrollment/Class Schedule Information may also include more specific information, such as:
* Class Period
* Course Description
* Course Identifier
* Course Number
* Course Section Identifier
* Course Section Number
* Entry Date
* Entry Type
* Exit Date
* Exit Type
* Course Begin Date
* Course End Date
* Course Add Date
* Course Drop Date
* Course Credits
* Homeroom Class
NOTE: Course Enrollment/Class Schedule Information is different from *school* enrollment information which provides information about which school a student attends, their entry and exit date, etc.
|DLI (Dual Language Immersion) info||Information related to a student’s participation in a Dual Language Immersion program.
May include information such as the student's:
* Entry date into the program
* Years completed in program
* Target language
|Economic Disadvantage/Free-reduced Lunch||Whether the student is considered economically disadvantaged.
This is generally determined by whether they are eligible for free or reduced price school lunch, if they are enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision Resource Center, or if the parent has voluntarily submitted a Declaration of Household Income.
|Email Address||The student’s school and/or personal email address.|
|English Learner (EL) Information||Information about the status, progress, and/or support services of a student who is an English learner. A student is considered an English learner if English is not their first language. These students may be offered English Learner services, which may be refused. Once a student tests out of needing services, they will enter a four-year monitoring period where they will be considered "fluent."
Information may include a student’s:
* Limited English status
* Native or first language
* English language proficiency assessment participation
* English language monitoring entry date
* English language monitoring exit date
* Qualification for English learner services
* Participation in English learner services
* English learner instruction type
* English learner state software participation
* Progress measurements
* Fluency achievement status
* Length of time receiving English learner services
|Extracurricular Activity Information||Information related to a student's participation in an extracurricular activity.
May include information such as:
* Title of the extracurricular activity
* Student's participation status
* Description of the activity
* Date range or school year of participation
* Activity advisor, mentor, coach, etc.
|Foreign Exchange Status||An indicator as to whether or not a student is a foreign exchange student.|
|Gender||The student's gender or biological sex.|
|Grade Level||The student's grade level, preK - 12.|
|Graduation/High School Completion Info||Information pertaining to a student's anticipated or actual high school completion (including graduation).
May include the student's:
* Projected Graduation Date
* Actual Graduation Date
* Graduation Status
* High School Completion Status
* High School Completion School Year
* Degree or Certificate Type
* Diploma Type
* Exit Grade Level
* Exit or Withdrawal Type
* Exit Reason
* Dropout Status
* Academic Rank
* Early Graduation Indicator
* On-track for graduation indicator
|Honors/Awards/Recognitions||Information related to any school-related award, honor, or other recognition a student has received.
May include information such as:
* Name of the honor/award/recognition
* Date received
|Images of Student||Images in which the student is identifiable. This may include posed photos (such as school pictures, class photos, club photos, etc.) or candid photos in which the student is identifiable.|
|Immigrant/Refugee Status||An indication of the immigrant and/or refugee status of a student.
To be considered an immigrant, the following three conditions must be met: (1) student is 3 to 21 years old, (2) the student was not born in any US state, and (3) the student has not attended school in any state for more than 3 full academic years.
Students are concerned refugees if the district or charter school is provided a 1-94 Arrival-Departure Record form, a 1-551 Permanent Resident Record, a 1-155 Permanent Resident record, or an Immigration Court Letter identifying the student as a refugee as the result of being in the US due to asylum.
|In-app Performance||Student performance data collected in the application.
*typing program that measures a student's typing speed
*reading program that calculates that a student reads below grade level
|Local (District/Charter) Student ID Number||An ID number issued by the school district or charter school used to identify the student. Often referred to as “student number."
In some districts and charter schools this number also acts as the student’s “lunch number.”
|Medical/Health Information||Any health or medical information collected on a student by a school.
* May include information about a student’s:
* Immunization Status
* Immunization Date
* Immunization Record
* Immunization Type
* Vision Screening Date
* Vision Screening Status
* Health Screening Follow-up Recommendation
* Hearing Screening Date
* Hearing Screening Status
* Allergy Type
* Allergy Reaction Description
* Allergy Severity
* Medical Alert Indicator
* Medication Requirements
|Migrant Status||An indicator of whether or not a student is considered a migrant student.
A migrant student is a student who moves across school boundaries in connection with seasonal or temporary work in fishing, logging, or agriculture.
|Name||The student's first name, last name, middle name, middle initial, and/or generational suffix.
A student's name may include:
* Legal name
* Preferred name
|Parent/Guardian Information||Information about a parent or legal guardian of the student.
May include contact information, such as the parent or guardian's:
* Telephone Number
* Email Address
* Preferred Communication Method
Other types of parent/guardian information include:
* Person Relationship to Learner (e.g. mother, step-father, grandparent, etc.)
* Contact Restrictions
* Custodial Information
* Parental Preferred or Native Language
* Parent/guardian school-issued ID number
* Custodial or guardianship information
* Parent Military Status
|Password||A unique word or phrase used by the student to login to an application.
This may include passwords which are:
* created by the student
* created by a school, district, or charter employee
* generated by the data recipient (e.g. an app-provider)
|Phone Number||The student's phone number.
May or may not be the same as the parent/guardian's phone number.
A student's race may be indicated. Race includes the following categories:
* American Indian/Alaska Native
* Black/African American
* Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
A student's ethnicity may be indicated as Hispanic/Latino.
Native American tribal affiliation:
A student’s tribal affiliation may be indicated.
|School Enrollment Information||School enrollment information pertains to student enrollment at a current, previous, or future school.
At its most basic this may include:
* Name of the school at which the student is currently enrolled
Though less common, school enrollment information may also include more specific information, such as the student's:
* School entry date
* Entry grade level
* Part-time or full-time status
* School exit date
* Reason for exiting
* Number of days enrolled
* Names of previous school
NOTE: School enrollment information is different from Course Enrollment/Class Schedule Information, which provides information about which address a student's course enrollment rather than school enrollment.
|Special Education/ Disability Information||Information pertaining to a student’s disability, accommodations, and participation in special education and other services.
May include information about a student’s:
* Disability Status
* Disability Type
* Disability Condition Type
* Age at Disability
* Special Education Status
* Special Education Services Exit Date
* Special Education Exit Reason
* Educational Environment
* IEP Status
* IEP Eligibility Evaluation Type
* IEP Goal Type
* IEP Present Level Academic Description
* IEP Present Level Functional Description
* IEP Present Level General Education Description
* IEP Present Level Parent Concern Description
* IEP Present Level Preschool Description
* IEP Present Level Student Concern Description
* IEP Present Level Student Strengths Description
* IEP Transfer of Rights Statement
* IEP Authorization Document Type
* IEP Authorization Rejected Portion Description
* IEP Authorization Rejected Portion Explanation
* IEP Alternative Assessment Rationale
* Section 504 Status
* Accommodation(s) Needed
* Accommodation(s) Type
* School Exit Date for Students With Disabilities
* IDEA Discipline Method for Firearms Incidents
* Assessment Type Administered to Children With Disabilities
|State Student ID Number (SSID)||A 9-digit number assigned by the state of Utah to identify the student. This student number remains connected to the student regardless of what district, school, or charter school they attend in Utah.|
|Student-Generated Content/Student Work||Writing, images, video recordings, audio recordings, diagrams, artwork, compositions, or other content created by a student.|
|Teacher and/or Counselor Names (in Connection with Student)||Teacher name(s):
The name and/or contact information of the student’s teacher(s).
The name and/or contact information of the student's assigned guidance counselor or other school counselor.
|Transcript/Course Grades||Information pertaining to a student’s final grade in a course or information found on a student’s official transcript.
At it’s most basic, Transcript/Course Grade information may include:
* Course Titles
* Course Grades
Transcript/Course Grades may also include information such as:
* Course Credit Units
* Grade Level When Course Taken
* Academic Term Course Taken
* Academic Year Course Taken
* Cumulative GPA
* Grade 9 GPA and Credits Earned
* Grade 10 GPA and Credits Earned
* Grade 11 GPA and Credits Earned
* Grade 12 GPA and Credits Earned
* Total Credits Attempted
* Cumulative Credits
* Class Rank
* Cohort Size
* Percentile Rank
* Graduation Date
* Expected Graduation Date
* Diploma Type
* Student Address
* LEA (District or Charter School)
Transcript/Course Grades information is different than assessment results or assignment scores.
|Username||A unique name used to identify the student to login to an application. Username may be created by the district or charter, school, teacher, or student.|
|Video or Voice Recordings of Student||Voice recording:
A recording a student makes of their voice.
A video in which the student is shown and identifiable.
|Web Browsing History||
A record of any or all of a student's browsing history.
* IP address
Watch the bottom of your browser window for download prompts. Run the downloaded file to install.
This guide will be helpful when creating your first recordings. Use it to make sure your recording comes out right the first time. Click here to download the guide.